Wednesday 18 July 2012

Busy boy.

The phone rings and....

I'm plodding along and I had a busy week anyway.
First of all, one of my FB friends is just finishing her MA in art, I love her stuff so I was going to go. It's quite hard to get to Sunderland on public transport, but I was going to do it.
The phone rang, three times. With a mixture of Ex-wives (only 1), sisters (no 2) and a lady friend wanting a bit of drinking and singing company I forgot to go to the art show. So now I feel bad, the show is on for the rest of the week, but it's not the open day. So with my tail between my legs I'll have to go. I do want to buy one her paintings, but the price may have just gone up.

Singing night.

The fiddle player came round, I had got in her favourite rum and a mixer. We drank and drank until we had sorted out the world and all it's problems, then we drank some more. It was at this point, about 2 in the morning but it could have been later we got the music out. The camera was set up and we did a song, I may post it.
 I took her coffee at 12 noon in to the spare room and a glass of water. A good night was had, I love being with other night owls. Our body clock is just a bit later.

The Ex-wife.

She's a teacher and she must have some sort of budget because at about this time of the year I get a call. Last year it was little tables and chairs (flat pack) that needed setting up. This year it was a hut. 4' x 6' with a door and window.
Could I toss it on my van, It weighed 150 Kilo. Now with the best will in the world, I wish I could toss 150 kilo's around. It ended up with Mick and me stripping it down and loading it on the van in bits. She gave us £10 for our trouble for what amounted to 2 men and a van for 3.5 hours, she's on £580 pound a week. Well it did get us 1.7 gallons of fuel.     Life.

The sun.

We had blue sky for about half a day, the news casters started saying 'Summers on the way' so I watched the weather forcast for Thursday, rain. I've got a wet suit and flippers, I'm going to need it for golf soon.


This is my new facebook thumb.

 I've got a busy week, I'm going to see a play on Thursday, in town Friday, Saurday I may be going to Scotland to play golf, Andrews birthday party Saturday night, detox Sunday but only till I go singing. The more I do the less I get to write about it.      Good night.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment