Tuesday 24 July 2012

I 've been good.

I've really done well today.

I can do it when I want. After a long weekend of golf, beer and singing I woke up today and did some jobs, cut the grass, 3 loads of washing but the biggy was I opened my mail. One letter was from the tax man, I left that till last. No bad news, until I opened the Tax man.

Our system for taxing self employed is mad. It works like this. you work a year then submit your accounts, you have earned enough to pay £100 tax, so the tax man wants £100 plus 50 for next year. It ends up you pay half of next year half of this year plus a bit more just for good luck. The whole thing was started by Gordon Brown who found a way of making 50% of all self employed tax before it was earned, cleaver boy. I remember playing a year and a half tax, mutter mutter.

It does mean when you finish work or earning you only have to pay half a year, well that's where the letter I've just opened made me laugh. They owe me, yes money back. About a months wages. YES.

It was a hard weekend.

I had to drive to Edinburgh and find John the Scot's house. I don't know why but I always get lost on that side of town. We eventually jumped into his car and drove another 1 1/2 hours north. John is a budding racing driver, even though he's well up into his 50's.
So it's down lanes just wide enough for one car 60 mph into blind bends. I don't know maybe I'm just getting old but I had my eye's closed for long periods.

We had a pint and went out and played golf until late, then we had a pint. After a shower (I'm allowed 2 in the summer) we had another pint while we waited for Dinner (tea to me), after that we drank until bedtime. That's when we found out that we had a double bed and we had both forgot our jimjams. It was intimate.

The next day we played golf and had a pint.

It was at this point Dave (producer of music video's) sent a text 'We are coming to Newcastle, could we have a few hours playing music at yours, Phil's coming'. Well what could I say?

It ended up with the cameras coming out, more beer was drunk, this makes us think we are better than we are. It was great fun but. ......  Have a look.




Sorry about the swearing at the end.  Phil's the best guitarist but he's not playing, that's just the sort of day it was. I showed him a few chords on the mandolin and he played on one of the other songs. Lover, lover lover by L. Cohen.

Well at least the mails been done, the washings been done. Time for a kip. I'm out with Malcolm tonight.


No comments:

Post a Comment