Tuesday 7 August 2012

Where are the key's?

Singing in the Cumberland Arms.



This was me and The moonshine Stragglers singing on Sunday. There is a video but the sound is so poor I don't want to post it.
We did not have time to do a sound check because we were on last and time was running out. It ended up with Tim's mike up full, the fiddle player had no power, it sounded OK in the room because it's was so small but the mike on the video could not handle the volume s it's distorted. Pity.

The fiddle player is off to the left, in the shadows, and the banjo player is hidden behind me.

Very busy.

Having just got back from Cumbria with Cornwall Lady in tow I've not had much time to write.

I'm off down to her place in less than 2 weeks which is not good news. We were nigging  (English word)  each other.       She does it this way, I do it that way, you know the sort of thing.

Sunday dinner was interesting especially the gravy. It does not bode well.
We did have a few good games of scrabble, one game each.

Rain.

It seems we are getting a lot more downpours just lately, we came off the golf course on Monday at 2ish and got the beers in and within ten minutes watched as the golf course went under water.

I got home to find my garden flooded again down the bottom. It would have to go another 3 feet before it comes in the house.
That's the second time in a few weeks Newcastle has been in the national news for rain.

Olympics.

I used to watch the Olympics in the 70's and 80's while East Germany and West Germany piled on the medals, America always leading by a big margin but now were up there.

It just shows, if you throw enough money at something.
I do feel as though we have a big advantage, all this lottery money.

I must admit when I buy a ticket I'm not thinking of all the good things it lottery does, I'm thinking 'A nice house in spain'.


Losing it.

It's a long time since I've been angry, but I got home on Sunday and could not find my key's. My sister had been in the house when I left so did not need to lock the door.
I normally leave my keys in the case so got home and started to look for the key, at that moment it started to rain, big raindrops. It ended up with all my dirty washing on the lawn, no keys.
My sister had a key, her phone was off. Growl, growl. We went to the pub, that sorted it.

The keys were in the kitchen, silly me.

Golf.

I'm in a golf competition in a few hours. I had completely forgotten about it till I had a call from the organisers called me to say that they had double booked me and which time would I prefer.

What a cushy life. I love it.

 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment