Wednesday 3 April 2013

Sorry.

It's busy.

I'm sorry I haven't written anything recently.

It's Good Friday, a bank holiday but I'm working, we've been that busy. It will go quiet again next week.

Just a few highlights.

I've been beaten twice at golf, a shock to the system really. It will make me try harder.

I've not done much next door, which I'm decorating for myself. I expect to move in in the next week or so.

The weather has been cold. Cold to us but maybe no against some one who live in Russia. It's been the wind really, about 20MPH at about zero degrees most of the time.


Never.

I normally write and post, but this post is over a whole weekend. I started it in on Good Friday and right at this moment it's Sunday night about midnight.

We normally go the the Cumby (The Cumberland Arms) on a Sunday about 7.30ish and sing all night. Tonight we went to a pub in Jesmond that was having a new singers night. We thought we would have a look at what was happening.

There was not many singers, a good lad was on when we got there. We listened and clapped in the right places. Then the boy who ran the show did three songs. Once again we clapped in the right places.

Then the band went on, I was in this band a few years ago but left (by mutual consent, as they say). I love being with them, they like being with me but I had a full time job and they did not. I may not have taken it a serious as they did.

Anyway we had a great night, they did 6 numbers and I came on with them for the next 3. I then left the stage for 4 or 5 and by then they were ready for a rest so I went up and did 5 numbers on my own. I had not prepared for this but had a nice time. They then finished off with the last 3 numbers.

It was a nice change. The audience were good, we were average and we got free beers.

What more could you ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment