Sunday 8 September 2013

Looking back a bit.

We used to live in a terraced house, not much front garden and the back is a yard. The yard was nice, my wife spent a lot of money and my effort (no, she did a lot as well) getting it like that.

But we had an allotment, it's a garden on some spare land, normally near the house but unsuitable for anything else.

Well this is a picture of our allotment. We had 2 before this one but this one had a garage of sorts with it's own water supply. The rent on the garden was £1 a month, really good value.

My ex-wife still keeps it in great shape. She was always the main mover with this. I was the digger and carrier. Although we did build a green house out of all sorts of discarded windows and thing (you can see it in the background..

The boys would light fires and generally get dirty. We would work and then let the boys boil water for tea, even though we lived just 2 minutes walk up the street.

It's nice to look back once in a while.


It's Sunday and I'm reading every book in the world about bus regulations and rules of the road. I'm trying to get back on the buses, I need an income. It's been a long hard recession.

No comments:

Post a Comment