Wednesday 29 February 2012

The Book

Well at last I've got the book published, it's only on LuLu but it's a start. It's taken me 5 years to finish, which is a long time but I've had to learn quite a few tricks on the way. I started writing just to take my mind off my divorce, it helped while away the hours at night when you can't sleep. You may have been there. I stopped writing for about two and a half years and mentioned it to a friend in the pub and he said 'print some off I'll have a look'. The next week he was full of it and cajolled me into starting again. Sometime it flew of the keyboard but most times it was just plod, plod, plod. Then eventaully it was done, friends looked enjoyed, praised and even my sister thought it was good. I sent it off to 3 publishers (sharks to a man) and one rejected it (fine) but two told me 'I love it, we can work with this book' my ego jumped in staight away. Yes, yes two out of three, how good is that?. It would have taken me a long time to make any money with their deals, so I formatted it myself (oh, you have to work hard on that) and have now had it passed and it's in print (only 2 hours ago) I've ordered 5 copies for myself. Well I want to see what it's like before I go any further. I can now get on with the rest of my life, I've been ignoring my music and painting, but not my nights out, no all work and no play make jack a dull boy. I hope to keep this blog up a bit better, even if it's only read by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment