Friday 11 May 2012

The Big Apple.

Home news.

The weathers been like February since I arrived back, cold and very damp, well not just damp, pissing down. The golf was cancelled again, much more than winter.

The Blue Tits are very busy, well only one. He's in and out every few minutes and only stays in for 2 or 3 seconds and then he's off again. So I'm looking forward to a family coming out soon. I had a family of 7 Blue Tits about 2 years ago although they had not used my box, but they came most days. I had seed feeders that year but had to stop it because of the rats. I did not mind the rats but my next door neighbour threw a fit.

My golf partner Ray ( not his real name, that's Johnny Edwards of 34 Prince Edward Ave, Dudley) has got a new girl friend. He started talking about her 3 months ago. He's not very forthcoming about her, for some reason he thinks I'll make a play for her. I'm worried she steals him off me, I'll do a deal with her. I'll have him 3 times a week for golf, once week for a piss up (Fridays) and the home football matches, she can have him all other times.
Firstly I have to meet her, some chance. I have to ask 'Have you seen Jill?' (not her real name). He gets a cagey look on his face, 'Yes we went to the match on Sunday and last night we had dinner'. I'm missing a trick here, if anything happens in my life, say I cut the grass I tell him, but something as big as dating a woman from him, not a word unless I prise it out of him.
His son had surgery for cancer of the mouth this week while I was away, not a mention until I say 'Hows Bill' (not his real name). I should really start using real names, I mean what you going to do? steal his ID, rob him or run off with his girl.
Anyway she's 16 years younger than him and very attractive (phone camera shot), he's worried about the age difference, she's also very high powered with a big house and fast car (Porsche). Just as a matter of interest, he has a big house and a E-Type Jag as his second car, it has no seat belts so it's shit to be in.

Back to the trip. Big Apple.

On the second night in New York after a rest (it's hard work looking up all the time), we went out to find a bar to have a meal and a few beers. We were upstairs in the bar and there was a smoking balcony at the far end. Late in the night I went out for a smoke (yes I know, no salt but I smoke) and it was full of 30-40 year old somethings, all chatting away.
I was enjoying my smoke when this woman who was next to me, very attractive, started to talk to me. She thought she knew my face. As the conversation went on she told me about her life ( married, kids, mom at home, her business) when suddenly she asked me what I thought of Barack Obama. Now I keep an eye on American politics. Obviously only on a superficial level, but I know who Mitt and Newt is and roughly what they stand for. It was all down hill from there, it ended up with me telling her 'You liked Tony Blair but we had to live with the policies and we like Barack he seems like a nice man'. It did not go down well. Good job I did not tell her I like Putin as well.
We caught a comedy night down in a bar, it was just after the lobster meal ( I won't be having lobster again) and they had about seven comedians on each getting a bit better. The last comedian was the best but a one point someone complained about a certain joke and he quite rightly said 'Hey, this is comedy, it's a bit edgy.'

The recordings.

Just before I went away I made it up to Jedburgh to record some songs, and since I got back I have not been in touch with Dave (his real name). I don't think it went well so I'm not in a hurry to see how bad it was.  I hate to see my own short comings.

Facebook v Twitter.

I prefer Facebook, I'm talking to people I know or at least to people who have been recommended to read my posts. They understand my humour, which can be a little edgy as well. With Twitter it's hard to set up a joke in 140 characters, you have to par it down so much it falls.

More ramblings later.

No comments:

Post a Comment