Saturday 12 May 2012

Them & us.

Drivers.

For some reason I expected New York drivers to be aggressive, impatient and a bit road raged, but that was not the case. They do honk there horn much more than English drivers, but that's because they don't take offence when someone honks where as if you honk in this country they see it as the gauntlet being thrown down and even little old ladies would get out of there car and a least kick your car. Where as in New York it's quite laid back, so laid back that the person at the front can sometimes nearly falls asleep, so they honk and traffic moves on. Another thing, all the yellow cabs have a very high standard of noise suppression and that makes the traffic is much quieter.

Road signs.

I became fascinated with road signs, they were so complicated. How anyone was supposed to read all that information or even understand some of them was beyond me.




It's a big day tomorrow.

Tomorrow is a big day, it's final day of the football season and it could not be set up better.
First of all 2 teams could win the championship, and 2 out of 3 teams will get the third and fourth place, one of them being my team (Newcastle United) it could be worth £25 million.
Also who is going down?, there is still one place to be decided for the drop. All the teams kick off at 3 o'clock, it's the only day of the season this happens and as the goals go in the balance of the whole year move around.
Beer, cheering, booing and groaning, brilliant.
And then off for a sing song at the Cumby.

Some more salt.

I've been suffering from salt poisoning since I got back, but I think you have to try a hot dog once. It was tasty.
I do think the other meals were loaded, especially the food served on the plane. Air France. They lost our bags on the way there and on the way back, but they did send them on. Strangely I tipped the Yank $10 but did not tip the English delivery man.



I took my camcorder which takes stills as well but when I got back I started to wish I had taken the Konica. They are a bit fuzzy. Also it has no flash. You live and learn.

The Blue Tits are very busy, in and out every 5-10 minutes. I hung out some washing on the line and snuck up and had a listen, there was no sound of chicks.


Here's a photo of me with my wig slipping. It's a paper mashe copy.


No comments:

Post a Comment