Wednesday 11 July 2012

The band.

The Moonshine Stragglers.

On Saturday The Stragglers were singing at Wallsend square (next to The Ansom) and they asked me to video it. Well I was booked out on a golf competition so I took the camera round to Tim's house. On the day the golf was cancelled so I went along. I was going to sing the last song, but we did not take into account the the whole thing was run by the council and when they said it finished at 4.30 they meant 4.30 so the last two songs were missed off.
Not that I minded, well yes I was pissed off, but it was still fun.
I was in the band in the early days, but we had some differences and I sing on my own and they carry on as the band. We often end up on the same stage and were all still good friends, so no real harm done.

My camera is one of those cheap video things with a small sound input, there no place to put an external mike. Anyway it came out OK. If you want to watch the first part (it's the only bit on the web at the moment) you have to go to youtube and enter 'Stragglers sangrow', don't ask why just do it and fast forward to about 45 seconds.

The line up is Arlene left fiddle, Tim left with the Mountain Dulcimer, Michael banjo and Mick on Bass on the right.

Whoops, I've managed to post it. So if it's not on this page look at the next one down.

No comments:

Post a Comment