Thursday 16 August 2012

Not a lot happening.

 France.

I started skiing when I was 55, it's a bit late in life and the first year was hard work., but it's worth it.
We go as a group of 6 or 8 and it's great fun.
It helps if you are a bit mad, because some of those slopes are steep. The strange thing is, you only get the camera out when you've stopped. So you end up with hundreds of photo's from your balcony or sitting in a bar. I obviously can't put photo's on of my friends, they are very private people, so I end up with close face shots of myself.




Yes I do smoke a lot, you can't smoke going down hill.


Michelle Shocked.

One night about 4 years ago I was sat in the house. I had had an email from Michelle Shocked the week before (she sends millions) and ignored it. Anyway I opened it and she was performing just down the road in Gateshead Town Hall, I looked at the date and time, she was due on in fifteen minutes.
I didn't even change my clothes, I just went.
Will it be a sell out? I am I to late? I went. It was only about 40% full, I was in. Second row from the front.
So at the end of the night she goes down near the door and you can have a photo with her, so here she is.

She's never come back to Tyneside since then, even though before that she came every two years. Who can blame her, 40%.

Packing.

I'm packing, I'm off to Cornwall for 2 weeks, so tomorrow will be the last post for 14-15 days. The lady from Cornwall does have a computer, but, it's private.

Which brings me round to my readers.


On the statistic page it tell you where your readers are from and I get a kick out of seeing where people are from, mostly from England as you would expect, some from America and one (or two) regulars from Russia.
But I've had a run from India, Japan, Bangladesh and Lithuania.
They may not come back, who could blame them, but it just makes you wonder at the power of the Internet.

The book.

I'm now on chapter 20 out of 30, I'm converting the book to TV script and it's going well.
So off to do some work, I'm playing golf at 4.30. What a life, I love it.




No comments:

Post a Comment