Tuesday 14 August 2012

Last word?

It won't be the last word, but..

I was out singing on Sunday and having missed the opening ceremony because my TEVO duped me.
It should have said 'Some of the Olympic opening ceremony'. I missed the second half.

So on Sunday I put a blanket 'Record' on BBC1 and watched it last night.

What stuck out for me was not the big names, even though they were good. It was the athletes and the small part players. They were fantastic, smiling, laughing and obviously having a ball.

For the last seven years we have been beating ourselves up over the Olympics.
Would the transport be good enough? Would we have a terrorist attack? Could we follow Beijing? Would we be ready on time?

We need not have worried. It was a sensation from start to finish.

We are crowing and we will crow for quite sometime, but for once I think it may be justified.

My ex.

My ex called this week. 'Did I want a certain carpet', she no longer wanted it and it's a nice carpet so I said yes.

So last night I called round to collect it. We're pretty friendly and she offered me a cuppa. In the space of 40 minutes she almost started 3 arguments. What a gal.

There was a new photograph of the Ex on the wall. Her Uncle was a professional camera man and she has some lovely pictures in black and white. Some of them have been blown up quite large and framed.

I looked at the new photo which had been blown up to about 3' x2' and asked what she was wearing? 
I'm dressed as a witch she said.  I smiled.






No comments:

Post a Comment