Saturday 15 September 2012

Back to work.

Bit weary.

On the 26th July 2011 i fell badly and although it was not very high, my feet were about 8 foot of the ground it was bad.

I ended up in surgery and had my right heel put back together using steel plates (titanium). For the next 13 weeks I was not allowed to put my foot on the floor. It's when I did put my foot down that I realised how bad the injury was.

Mick carried on working and I started to play golf. I limped round, the limping setting in just a little bit further along the golf course each week.

I have done a few days mostly half days, but this week I went back to work. It's been hard, even though Mick does the hard stuff. I remember when he came back after a bad injury, he was over weight and struggling. It can be a very physical. 

Saturday.

Well it's Saturday night in Newcastle (well most places) Richard the golf partner is running late, he's still in Yorkshire. So he's picking me up at ten in a taxi.

It's not a problem, Newcastle does not really get going till ten. Everyone comes out late and goes home late.

Talking about kick off, after 3 games in the Premiership they broke off for International Week, but
now they are back. We play on Monday at 8pm.

Off for a shower, good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment