Wednesday 26 September 2012

Some you win.

Shopping.

I've decided to bring myself into the 21st century, well a bit.

I bought an electric tooth brush, it said £22.50, I was happy with that and at the checkout I did a quick add up, 2 birthday cards at way over the odds and assorted things I got £50, that should cover it.

'£24.69, Sir'      'No there must be some mistake, it's £22.50 just for the brush' 

The brush was £9.00, that's fine, I put the £20 note in my pocket and walked home. When I got home the £20 was missing, I jumped on my bike and rode the same way back to the shop, gone. The girl had gone as well. I can be very loose with cash.

Rain.

This is the third time in 18 months we've (the North of England) have been in national news for rain.

A once in a hundred year rain is now coming every 6-7 months. I'm glad my house is half way up a hill. It would have to get to 10m meters before I'm knee deep.


Footy.

It's Manchester United v Newcastle tonight, the excitment builds.

It's only the League Cup, but who cares, it's Mancester United.

Good night. (only 5.17pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment