Tuesday 2 October 2012

Some one had to lose.

The rider cup.

I've been watching the Rider Cup for  a long time. I remember when it was GB & Northern Ireland v USA, we got beat every two years but I carried on watching.

A lot will be written about this years Rider Cup, we will shown it incessantly for years. There is even talk of  Ian Poulter winning the sportsman of the year (every Christmas on UK TV, the public vote).

But for me the highlight was Phil Mickelson, one of the best American players. On the last day was drawn against Justin Rose. Rose was one behind with 3 to play, he won all 3 holes and Phil Mickelson congratulated him on every hole he won. That's great sportsmanship.

The Ex's birthday party.


My ex had invited me to her birthday bash, I was invited late, as an after thought.

It was nice, she was happy and we all had a good time, but when the meal was over Mark and Crissy invited us all back to their place for a few drinks.

Now my ex is secretive, I mean real cagey. So I had to laugh (under my breath I might add) when, after quite a bit of wine she was sat there telling Crissy all her financial details. Very strange.

Mark and me watched the Rider Cup second day, he was beside himself. He's a keen golfer.

Last word about golf, I scored my best ever score today. I was on fire. I won by 10 shots. This will not happen again so I better enjoy it.

Sunday singing.

I had a call from the fiddle player (lady). 'Paul, we want you to come to a new pub to sing'.      'OK'

We arrived early at this place and sang, we got free drinks, it's not a lot but better than nowt.
The session finished at about 8.30 so it was suggested we go to another pub down the road.

We all jumped in the cars, half the regulars followed us and we went to a folk night (real folkies). At the end of the night an old man was passing me 'Thats the best night ever and I've been coming 20 years'.
It makes it all worth while. We may go back.


Good night.



No comments:

Post a Comment