Monday 10 December 2012

Bad news.

Bad News travels fast.

At one time in the early to mid 1970's most of my family were in the army and living in Germany.
My Dad and his wife, my cousin and his wife, my eldest sister and her husband, me and my wife and my wife's Mom and Dad all lived in Germany.

After I left the Army I went back to live and work in Germany. My wife's mother and father lived in Fallingbostel, between Hanover and Hamburg. So we moved there, it was really bad in England at the time. The unions were running the country. Just not a nice place to live.

My wife's sister met and married Bob, we all hung around together. A gang of 4, we did have quite a big circle of friends, a mix of German and English. It was a great time.

The reason I'm telling you all this, my daughter came up from the south this weekend and she goes and sees her Grandmother and Grandfather. They will out live us all, but they had bad news.

Bob, who has led the most clean living life, he was a long distant runner. Competing in Germany all over the country, he works outside and is very fit. He's been to the doctor and they have done a MRI scan on him.
He's riddled with cancer.

It's a big shock to me, his wife (my sister-in -law) has had cancer now for over 25 years. She had more radiation than Chernobyl but she's still here. They bring her in every 6 months and give her an inch by inch check over. Anything they find gets chopped off, that has been going on for what seems like forever.

I'm going down to see him on the 24th of December.

Golf.

We had to play at Newcastle United golf course again today. Our course is water logged. It's a bit annoying because I'm playing so well when we get out.


I'm so shocked about Bob I don't feel like writing. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment