Friday 8 February 2013

history. part 1.

My first memories.

I don't know why but I've been poking the amber's of my life. Some times you remember a new thing that you had forgot.

I often try to remember my first memory, and the best I can do is; My Dad had joined the army and we moved into an army house.

It was policy in those days that the officers wives kept an eye on the other ranks wives. Any way my mother was having a visit from an officers wife, my mother was nervous, she had put on a very flash dress, the house was all tidy. The lady came in and I was being ignored so I pulled my mothers dress and she lifted me up and stood her on her lap. My face was about level with her face (2 1/2 - 3?) and I looked down at her low cut dress................ and there ............................ there was an arse on her chest.  I was horrified, my mother had her arse on her chest, I could see it.

That's my first memory as best as I can tell.




The photo above is my Mother and me play putting. It was at our first holiday in Penang, Malaya. We only lived about 2 hours on the train from Penang an Island just off Malaya. It was one of four trips we made there.




This photo was my first day at nursery. I remember my mother taking it. I hated going there, we did not stay long.

This is my Mum and Dad going out for a pint. It would have been some army do. I would imagine this was about 1957ish.

It's funny but there are large parts of my life where the camera never came out. With modern phones this will never happen to this generation.

Good night.


No comments:

Post a Comment