Sunday 3 February 2013

Jethro Tull look alike.

What a match.

We played Chelsea yesterday and what a match.

Newcastle have been in the doldrums for most of this season, our best striker moved to Chelsea (who can blame him) and we are near the bottom of the league.

During the transfer period we have bought a few French players. It means we now have 10 french players in the squad.

Any way we were at home to Chelsea yesterday, most people thought a draw would be good, every  point counts at the end of the season.

We scored first and after the break Chelsea came out and scored 2 quick goals. We had been there before, brilliant in the first half and beaten in the second half.

Suddenly Newcastle started to play well again, the crowd loved it, we cheered every move. It ended up 3-2 to Newcastle. The best game so far this season.

Scottish John.

When I came back from living in Germany in 1975 I got a job as a bus driver. In those days the driver did not take the bus fares and I had a bus conductor to do this.

One of the my bus conductors was John. He was the spitting image of Ian Anderson the flute/ lead singer out of Jethro Tull.

We hit it off from the start and when I told him I was finding it hard to find somewhere to live he said 'Just come and live with us.'         Us being his wife.

We moved in the next week, his flat had only one bedroom, on bathroom and an outside toilet.

For  the next five months we all lived, slept and parted in this small place. We had to go to the local baths for a bath (twice a week).

We had a ball, after 5 months me and my wife bought a house and it came to an end. We ended up with life long friends.

John is due to arrive today from Edinburgh. 


Open mike.

It open mike night tonight at the Cumby. So I'm off to work on a few songs.

I've not really been doing anything with music this week so I may need a few hours.
I've posted 'Valerie' but could not get into this post.


No comments:

Post a Comment