Thursday 7 March 2013

The decorator.

The decorator.

Well Mark turned up, eventually.

He blows his own trumpet quite a lot about how good he is. He's not.
I arrived this morning, he was supposed to be here at 9.30 he arrived at 10.45. I found him painting a skirting board with a 1" brush, the sort of brush you paint the wood between windows. I left him to it and got on with some other jobs, eventually he finished.
I had done the prep on the bathroom (in my eyes the hard part), we set about putting the first coat on the walls.  About 2 hours after he had gone (early, he had to be home for a meal) I went back in and did the second coat in 1 hour 30 minutes.                
It looks good, much lighter.

He owes me money so I feel as though I'm getting it for free, but I'm not.

Golf.

It's golf tomorrow, the whole world can go to hell for 4 hours.

I'm playing really well, putting in some great scores, which makes me feel guilty. The other 3 have not been improving at all so I'm winning even when I play badly.

What about the handicapping system? Your right I've started playing with 5 strokes of my official handicap and I'm still winning. It's the first year where I've made some real progress, my putting is going well but the big factor is my drive.

I tend to bend over playing my shot, it's always worked quite well but just recently I've been standing in a more upright position. It's given me a much longer drive, this makes my second shot to the green much easier, which gets me closer to the flag for the short game. It all adds up, it wont last. I'll be complain in a months time that I can't hit the ball.

Off to bed, good night.


No comments:

Post a Comment