Tuesday 9 April 2013

Just a quick note.

This moving thing.

Because I'm moving next door and I've got all the time in the world, I'm moving a bit at a time.

I got into the attic. It's where I store stuff I don't want to throw out but don't really need.

I found all my old phones, I mean very old phones. The oldest and most expensive is a 1989 model and the aerial was so big it stuck out of my top pocket and dug into me ear while I was working up ladders.

I got my first mobile in November 1989 and it cost £249.00 to buy and it was 25 pence for 30 seconds. The battery life was 8 hours standby or 30 minutes talk time. I'll post a photo of it. I should have done that before I took it next door and put in the attic.

I'm going to have a big push tomorrow but some of the stuff is so heavy I'll need a hand. At least the smell of paint has gone.

One of the things I came across in the attic was my old motorbike leathers. They are heavy. Also i found my 'Dog tags' from my army days, well I only have one now but we used to have to have one tied to our left leg, one tied to our right arm and one round our neck. It says ' 24180254. Fenlon, 'O' pos, C of E'    (Church of England).

Margaret Thatcher.

It's funny. Maggie was elected 3 times yet she's hated here.

All my facebook friends are jumping with joy. I voted for her every time and thought she did a good job but still they hate her. We did have quite a few coal mines up here and a lot of heavy industry which is mostly gone now.

I suppose they though Blair and that incompetent Brown was better? And they will think that the two Ed's will do a better job. I don't think.

It's still cold.

The weather is still bitter. I played golf today and never really got warm afterwards even though I had the heating on full.

Off to bed. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment