Thursday 11 April 2013

A new book?

It's almost done (next door).

I'm now just camping in my old house. Just the bare essentials ie; my golf cloths, tea, sugar, milk and my tooth brush.

I'm playing golf tomorrow so I'm not moving tomorrow, yup Friday I'll put my TV next door and switch my T.V. licence over.

I love being next door. I was forced into this house, after I moved out of the marital home (it was her house) I was waiting for her to change her mind. She nearly did, she called off the divorce and said we should wait.
It got my hopes up but after a year she went ahead and asked  for a divorce. 'Could she sue me?'
 the pay off would be bigger', why yes my little dear. Well why not, she had her pride, I had her money.

So, next door has 3 bedrooms, a bigger lounge, a bath (this house only has a shower), it's got off street parking, it's got plastic easy care windows (mahogany double glazing here), it's got a through opening to the kitchen (I'll put the washing machine on when I go to bed or work), it just feels better. So I'm happy, I'm easily pleased.

So I'll move on Friday. I'll just put a jump from this house to next door for the cable until I get it transferred by the cable company (it's my job, easy peasy).

To sell or rent.

I could just leave this house on the market, but the market is slow. Or I could rent it out for a year or so until the market picks up.

I still have not made my mind up, there is no hurry.

I'm keen to get settled down, because I've thought of a book I want to write and I want to start painting again. It's easy to put these things off when your moving. I have made this last a long time and it's unsettling.

I have been playing a lot of golf lately and I've been working next door and I've started back at work. So not a lot of time to write, .................... yes I've watching a lot of TV, ..................... yes I've been skiing, ........................ yes I've been drinking and singing and off to Spain for a winter holiday. But that's why I need to settle down next door.

Right now I'm not going to tell you what it's about. ................................. Okay, it about a man who after many years of being married gets a divorce and finds himself in the flesh pots of the city (yes could be Newcastle) and all of the exploits he gets into.

It's provisionally called 'The Lounge Lizzard'. It may take sometime, say a year.

Off to bed, good night.


No comments:

Post a Comment