Tuesday 4 June 2013

A late ramble.

At Last.

Every year I play golf great in the winter.
Then the summer comes, I'm firing on all cylinders and BOOM, I lose form.
I don't know what happens, I just go to hell.

So I started looking in my head. I've got all the shots, a good straight drive, good approach, my putting is much better.

So what happens? I’m looking at my mind from now on. It has to be in my head.

I think I’m just trying too hard. So today I played within myself.

That’s a hard thought really; I’m not sure what it means.
Does it mean play cautiously? No, it does not work. You can not quit on the ball.

Does it mean play safe? No you have to play every shot fully.
So any way, today I played relaxed golf. It’s the seniors best of eight matches.

Everyone plays eight games over the summer and your 5 best cards count. Last time out I came about 12th out of maybe 50 or so.
Today when I left the club I was at the top of the leader board (it’s electronic). It will not last but I may get a place (top 3).

On Wednesday we play at Matfen Hall in a seniors match. Just a bunch of old folk enjoying ourselves. It’s great value, a round of golf and lunch for £3.00 about $4.50. And you get to meet some really nice players. It’s all very polite.

Singing.

It was a lovely day yesterday (Sunday). It’s like summer has got here at last. I went singing at the Cumberland Arms, as I always do on Sundays. What I wanted to tell you about was the photos. I thought I would take some pictures with the phone and that would give you an idea what it was like. But when I got home I found that I had the thing on Video. So not very good. I’ll try harder next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment