Friday 7 June 2013

Up's and Down's.

 There is a lot going on.

Oh where do I start.

Well anywhere really.

First of all, My new tenants, they moved in a month yesterday.

I was happy with them, quiet, very quiet. They were never seen to be honest. They cut the grass, never had late parties (although they did have a lot to drink in the garden). I never heard them at night, which was strange.

I came home from a golf competition yesterday. I was tired. It had been hot and sunny. It was a new course, I had never played it before. Anyway, I arrived home and after about an hour I came downstairs to find a set of keys in my letter box. ???

I don’t know what this is, so I got the spare keys for next door, they matched.

I sent a message to the lady. Are these your keys? No answer. I went next door and knocked, no answer. I looked through the window, no furniture, nothing. I let myself in, empty.

Everything was gone. I’m not sure they had much, it was not my business. The house was clean, very clean.

I’ve had tenants leave before; it’s always dirty, always. It’s something you expect.

About an hour later I got a message from the man. He explained that their jobs were under threat, things were not going well and they did not want to run up a debt. I said come round in the morning and we’ll have a chat. They came round.

Two young (27ish?, I’m not sure) people, who just want a job and a house they can call their own.

I told them that although a bit shocked it was OK and I hope them well, they shook my hand and walked off. It was sad. It almost certainly was not their fault, not in my eyes.

The last word on them, we have a green bin for rubbish and a blue bin for recycling, they get emptied alternative Wednesdays. Their blue bin was chocker block with beer bottles, wine bottles and more.

It takes me about 8 weeks to make it worthwhile putting my blue bin out, and I have cans, milk cartons and glass (coffee jars). They were hard living.


Writing in word.

I’ve started writing in word and then copy and paste now that should allow me to write in any font I want.                 NO.

It converts it back to Blog font. It was worth a try.



Golf.

I joined the senior last year but I did not do much. This year I have joined the team.

It means we go to other golf clubs and play a match, then afterwards it’s a 3 course lunch with a few beers. It’s very nice, you enjoy the match. You meet very nice people, you play at a course you would not really be able to play.

Win or lose, who cares. Well yes we proberbally do. But even if you lose it’s still a great day out. And all that costs three pounds (it will not let me put £3.00). It’s great value, if you roll up at a golf course in England, the least you would expect to pay for a round would be £25.00.

Plus soup, dinner and pudding, fantastic.

What I really want to tell you was we won. On a course we had never played before, with lots of un-known hidden traps and small walls. When Ken (my partner) played bad I played good, when I lost the plot Ken played good. It was better ball so you just take your best score out of the two.

The weather was great as well, summer coming very late this year.

Good night.



No comments:

Post a Comment