Wednesday 14 August 2013

A few tales from hell.

Sorry.

I'm sorry, I have not written anything for a while.

And ............ and I will make it up to you.

I get clicks or people looking in all the time and what have I done to deserve this? not a lot.

I'm in tranistion, I'm going to change my job. At the moment I'm selfeinployed, yes I work for myself. But thats the problem. I'm not working.

When your not working you can't pay the bills, and thats where I am. It stops everything, my juices have stopped running, I've dried up.

So, lets look on the bright side. I have an interview on Friday at 1.30. It's to go back to bus driving, yes a long time ago I was a bus driver. I loved it, but eventually I got promoted, to bus inspector. This was 1986, a long time ago. I hated it. I went from a job I loved toa job I hated. The driver hate you, the Unions hate you, the management hate you. Eventually the family hate you (this is a bit strong) but, it's not the same as being the best bus driver in town to 'That man who's checking up on everyone'.

So I left, I did sky dishes, tv aerials, anything up a ladder. 21 years no problem. Then the down turn. Well it maybe a down turn for some, some have a 1.5% pay rise, try 60% ruduction in income. Thats a down turn.

Anyway, I have to move on. So, on Friday I have an interview. But, but, even though I know I'm a great driver, I'm good with the public, I'm honest (yes) I always help the company when I can ...................... ............. there is still this big doubt in my head, ........... I could fail the tests ....................... I could just be 'Not the right man' ................. I'll keep you informed.

So, other stuff.

Quick storey.
I have a friend who has 2 girlfriends, nothing wrong with that if  1/ you can afford it (yes) 2/ everyone knows (no).
I was at a party, I may have had something to drink (yes), I may have been talking to the son of 1 of the women (yes), I may have said something about the other girklfriend (yes). All hell broke lose.
In a town as small as ?? I thought everyone knew. ............ yes I'm a bit stupid, ........ but it's a small town, everyone knows everything about everyone.

The man phoned me up the next day. I nearly did not answer. 'Thank you'    ???????? 'What?
'Thank you, I was going to tell number 2 I had had enough anyway, you did the job.
Result. ................ he's happy,  ...........  I'm happy.       It could have been much worse, he's my golf partner, he's my holiday freind, he's my drinking partner, ......... yes it could have been much worse.
We need each other much more than he needs a 2nd girl freind.


A couple of quick photo's of me on this summers holiday. Such a lived in face, sorry thats as good as it gets.

Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment