Wednesday 21 August 2013

Back to work. Maybe.

Ok, lets get started.

My life is in big change mode.

Business has been bad for 3 or 4 years. I had some money behind me. I thought it was plenty, but I did not know the down turn, recession, or what ever you call it was going to last that long.

Well I've come to the end of my tether, as they say here. I have to give up the dream of working for myself. Although it's not really a dream, it's hard work.

I've decided to go back to a normal job. The problem is, there are not millions of jobs. So I'm going back to my old trade, bus driving. 

The pay is good, or better than I'm making 'Self-employed'. 

At 61 years old how many openings are there? 

So I walked into the local depot, and just asked. .......... 'Do you need drivers?'

'I'll send you out a application pack', the girl said. Since then I have filled out the form, called in for an interview, had a medical, .............. and that's where I am. ..................... Next stop, tests, lots of them......
Hazard warning test, regulation tests, hi-way code tests, driving tests, ..................

That's fine. Things have changed, big style. I had not noticed how hard it is to drive nowadays. It's really hard. 

So anyway, I have to learn all the things I need to know to pass my test. Even though I did it for a living from 1975 to 1990. 

I need this job, I need to have a regular income for a while, well really till I retire. Which could be anytime from the next 4 years. But I can work on, the company don't mind, if you can do the job they let you work on, sounds good to me.

So, I'm going to log off, not edited, not re-read. If I do I wont post.

Good night.



No comments:

Post a Comment