Sunday 20 October 2013

My first day tomorrow, real passengers.

OK, I need to write.

Tomorrow I'll be driving a 14 tonne bus (empty) it carries 75 passengers (seated and standing), to be quite frank I'm a little worried.

Not about the driving, for some reason that does not worry me. No it's all the other stuff. The ticket machines, the rules and regulations, the millions of different types of tickets.
There are 11 cameras on a double-decker 3 of them are watching the driver. 

I'll take a photo of my first bus, it could be a single-decker but I'm sure it will be a double-decker.

I will have a mentor, he will keep me right. I will make mistakes, and that's what rankles. I hate being wrong.

I played golf today and could not do a thing right. We came to the conclusion that my mind is on other things, I hope so.

New phone.

It's really hard to change your telephone number (cell or mobile, we call them mobiles the Yanks call them cell).

The old number is being used for the business, which is carrying on with out me, I've had that number since November 1989. I remember buying the phone for £249.00 (about $400) which was a lot at the time. 

I still have it in the attic. It had 8 hours standby or 30 minutes talk time (no in car charger then ), but it paid for it's self over and over. I forgot to mention it was 30 second billing in those days, 25p for 30 seconds. I would look at my phone and see it was getting close to say 2 minutes 20 seconds 'OK I'll be at your house in one hour' and hang up.

I've text-ed all my friends with the new number, I've manually put all the phone numbers in the new phone (it a cantankerous little thing) I don't need all the old numbers, so it's a time for clearing some off the phone.

Football.

Every now and again we have a match that goes down in folk-law. Well yesterday was one of those. Newcastle v Liverpool. It was great, last season they wiped the floor with us, 0-6. This year, fantastic, it was 2-2 but what a match. It makes life worth living. 

Well it's 9.45pm and I'm up at the crack of dawn, so off to bed.
Good night.  



No comments:

Post a Comment