Wednesday 20 November 2013

Tuesday ramble.

So, ...... a post drink ramble coming on.

It's Tuesday, that means I've been out with Malcolm, which means I'm a bit drunk.Not a lot, just that right amount to talk or write ........... crap. 

First of all, and I may not have mentioned it, but it's been big, real big on my mind. My arm.

It started about 5 or 6 days ago, pins and needles in my arm. Yikkie, I'm having a heart attack. So being a man, we don't call the doctor............ we don't run to the hospital, ........ we ask our sister.

'Your fine, you have a trapped nerve. I've had that.' 
Sounds good, I can handle that. 

My right hand was in a bad way, but ............... I've just got a new job, people have been there who have not been on the 'sick' 25 years, I'm new and I have a problem. 

I don't like it at all. My left arm is not doing all the things I want it to do, but because modern buses are ......... lets say not easy to drive but physical quite easy to drive (you can drive one handed, I do) I have managed to do the job. But, yes there is a but, there always is ............ I have to give change, the change machine is on my left, where the bad arm is, ........... I hide it by leaning over and giving change with my right arm.

So, one night I get the guitar out ( this has been going on now for over a week, I did not say to myself  'This started on a Monday' so I'm not sure) anyway the guitar.

 I am what I am, and I am a singer guitarist, golfer, ........... and not much more, yes I write a blog, yes I am some other things, but in my head I am a singer/golfer/drinker, ......... sad but true.

I'm here to get from now till death with as much pleasure between now and then, with the least amount of effort. Sorry that's the way it is.

So, lets get back to the bad news ................ I picked up the guitar, after a suitable amount of beer. I know I've been ignoring the guitar for a while and I've not had the mandolin out for much more............. my left hand ................... useless,  ......... disobedient .......... 

I was lets say 'A bit pissed off'.......... 20 years of effort gone. Not that I'm the best guitarist, .... in fact I'm not the best guitarist out of two, but that's what I do. I sing, people like it.

So, bang up to date info on my arm. ....................... It's getting better, much better, I could not turn the tap of the bathroom sink on a few days ago, I can now. I could not lift the kettle to boil water for tea (with my left arm) I can now.

So ................. I'm going to play the guitar in a minute, yes play a bit of Bob, ............ Dylan. ...... A bit of Leonard Cohen, ................... I'll let you know.

It's 12.12 on a Tuesday night, it's cold outside. I'm off tomorrow and Thursday . (un-edited, again)

Good night.









No comments:

Post a Comment