Saturday 14 December 2013

Christmas, is it happy.??

What's happening?


I feel as though I'm at work all the time. I'm not but that's what it feels like.

Christmas is coming and the goose is getting fat, but how can you enjoy it when the build up to it is so hectic. 

This is the post I put on facebook last week. The response was ........ well a lot of people said they were in my camp.

With a blood line that goes back to Pontius Pilate, Scrooge and The Grinch. ........... I hate Christmas. ............. When I take over the world, .........  and I will plans are being carried out now, I will cancel December all together. ........ Yup, October, November, January. ...... Sounds good. .............. PS, I'm changing my name to Walter Mitty, by deed pole.


Look, if you send a few cards, put up a bit of tinsel and have a quite party you may be wondering what all the fuss is about. 
Well it's hell for the rest of us. ........................ hell. 

I came back from Germany in 1975, we settled in and made friends.
One night, probably Christmas eve, yes, we went back to a friends house for a drink. The house was littered with presents, hundreds of them. All wrapped up, all the trimmings. The woman had been buying stuff for months. They were all laid out, well piled high. 

I was shocked, I had never seen this excess before. The effort was immense, super human. I sat there thinking............. whats this all about?

I still don't understand it, I see it every year and it still goes over my head.  I do have a photo somewhere of one of out Christmas's. I do need to categorize them so I can find them quick. ........
a job for one quite night. 

But yes we did have presents but not this mass hysteria that seems to go on nowadays. 

' Look how much I love my kids',' look how much we have spent.'

I'm going to just get on with my bit, keep my head down. Hope it goes away............ and it does. That's the only good bit for me.

Happy Christmas, now you know why I call myself Grumpy. ............... Humbug.





No comments:

Post a Comment