Sunday 1 December 2013

Confessions of a dirty old man.

It's that time of the year.

I played golf today, We had a nice time, I lost again. I'm off form. So what, yes it's not that important. We the went for Sunday lunch and take it in turns to pay. Not my time.
But the traffic going into the shopping areas was long tail back. 

But that's not the time of year I want to talk about. It's the skiing booking time.

Last year only 3 of us got to go for one reason and another. We booked at a resort and hotel we had been to before so knew the lie of the land. 

The woman who does all the booking, choosing, ordering and things of that nature her partner and me were the group.

Before we went I told her that I would not be sitting out in the cold to smoke. I know your all going well you should do. It's minus 15 maybe more, with a wind. It's cold. I told her I would be smoking in my bathroom with the fan on or half out of the window, but not standing outside. She, being the boss said nowt.

I knew the room would have two bathrooms and it did one room had on-suite bathroom with a bath and a shower. The other room had an outside window (with a view, but as far as I was concerned I could smoke half in half out).
She pushed ahead, as she does, into the room and saw the first room (with the view) and declared that was her room. I was disappointed, but I had my own bathroom.
She quickly realized that she would have to walk all the way over the corridor to her bathroom, even for a midnight toilet visit.
I was thrown out of the room with no window, into the room with a window. I was delighted. .................... ........ NO, Paul you move back into that room, we'll have this room. I moved my bags yet again, .... ........... still I have the bathroom to smoke in, I consoled myself.

The first night was fine, we had showers, I smoked in the bathroom. Over the night I visited the bathroom twice and had a smoke.

The next day, skiing, drinking, skiing. Great. We came home and busied ourselves with getting drunk, feeding, bathing (I had a smoke in the bathroom).

The next day, same old same old, skiing, drinking, skiing. Someone decided to use my bath, they only had a shower. Not a problem for me, even though someone had put all sorts of foamy stuff in my bath and did not rinse the bath out, even though my towels had been thrown on the floor for someone to stand on, I never complained. 

'Paul, I don't think you should be smoking in your bathroom'. Now this is not because someone was worried about the next room useres, no it was because she did not want to smell it for herself.

If you say 'Quite right' well just go and dance. I warned her, she did not complain.

It was a bit unfortunate, because I told her 'I'm not standing on that balcony in minus 20 to smoke as long as she had an arse to shit out of' .............. I know, I could have used less venom. I regret it, but I don't have rewind on my mouth.

So the upshot of all this, ................. yes you've guessed it. I have not been invited this year. 

It's not so much of a problem, the guitarist in the band goes twice a year with his brother. They are more serious skier's. That suits me, they have invited me a few times but I've always gone with 'Someone'.

My left arm.

It's still a problem, but seems to be getting a bit better every day. It's effecting my golf, guitar and madolin playing and a few other things.

OK, here's the big news.

On Fridays we go drinking. It's a medium sized town/village. It's nice, the same people in the same place watching the same bands. It sound boring but it's not.

I'm going to fast forward to the juicy bit. About 18 months ago, but I'm not sure. I spied a little woman who took my fancy. She was with a man, but she was cute, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I know that and having not seen a woman who took my fancy for a long time it made it special.

I looked at her, she looked back. I smiled , she smiled. ............... She's with a man so I don't take this too serious, I'm just happy that there are women in the world who tickle my fancy.

A month later ................ the same woman with a lady friend, ............ she still tickles my fancy.
I know she's no good, I know that, I'm no good either.
I explain to my friends whats going on, they encourage me, goad me, push me. They know I have been on my own for nearly 7 years now. They know I'm     'looking'. Window shopping.

I'll describer her, from my point, not anyone else, through my eye's.

She petite, I would say she about 36 to 40 but who knows. She small but perfectly formed, everything is in the right place. From the neck down she could be 15 years old, slim, dark hair, little turned up nose sort of face.
I know she's probably bad news, so .............. I'm like a rabbit caught in a cars headlights. 

So, she's been coming to the pub with a friend, we've been chatting. It's starting to get past that now. It's the same old story, her partner does not treat her well, things are not good at home  .................. we've all heard it before, we've maybe told the same story. I don't want to be the reason she breaks up with the guy. Not my scene. I'm not in the market for strife, I've had enough of that.

It was her birthday this weekend. I bought her a drink, we talked outside. ............... Very suggestive, very. She asked me outright, ............... I told her yes. I was drunk, I was lusty, I'm a man, men are driven.

I need to reconsider. I need to push my desire out of the ......... the ............ you know. 

So, that's the big news, ............ still my arm ........... life plods on.

I'll find a post off FB. Then to bed, I'm at work at 6.15 am tomorrow and it's 11.35 now. 

Facebook, this year.

Can someone please ask my sister not to keep throwing my dish cloth away!!! Unless it's been bleached, ironed and folded into a butterfly my sister throws my dish cloth away. Now, I'll been around the block a few times and in all my life dish cloths have been a little, yes a little bit Un-glamorous , but it sure beats trying to clean the surfaces of the kitchen with the corner of your shirt sleeve. I'm off to work, 05.05 am, crumbs everywhere.


Good night. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment