Thursday 5 December 2013

I don't know.

I don't know what happen the other night. 

When it came out that the Americans were spying on everyone I was furious. I got on the blog and put everything in draft. I stopped everything to do with the net.
But after a while I started to think.......... I've got nowt to hide, ................ Yer, what have I got to worry about, so I brought some posts back on line. Not a lot, I was busy moving house and other things.

So the other day I got into the workings of my site and started to bring the other posts back onto the blog. There is quite a few, so I did about say a hundred, ................ I've just had a look, I have 260 posts of which 30 are still in draft.

So, I'm going through, page after page, 50 at a time. Re-publish, re-publish. After a while I thought 'That will do for now'.

Now, being an egotist you have a look at your viewing figures. My figures are small, very small. That does not bother me, it's a nice tight little family. ...........Like a secret, no one recommends me, I'm fine with that. 

I think I'm writing for someone to discover me in say 200 years from now.................... 'Hey, look at this guy, from the early 2000's. A real cookie'.

I love to read Niccolo Machiavelli, not that I'm in his league. 
What I mean is, one of Machiavelli's stories was how he and Cesare Borgia went out drinking. They were looking for a whore and the only one they could find was a woman who was filthy and old, it was early afternoon and they had been drinking all day. Machiavelli describes how they both take the old woman, one at a time.
I know Cesare had the pox all his life, but it was a story I enjoyed. He was truthful, he was writing for history. No matter how small the subject or how down market the story. He was an original thinker.

So, lets get back to my viewing figures. They are poor, like I say that does not bother me, but on the night I re posted the un-published posts my figures went ballistic. I mean through the roof. I sat there clicking 'refresh' more clicks, more clicks.

So, the up shot is. .................. I'm sorry if you woke up to find 40, or so emails in your inbox saying Ol' Grumpy has posted again.

I can't think of any other explanation for the sudden blip. I follow other people and when they post I get an email, which I click on and read. Maybe you have something similar for my blog. 

Other things.

It was Tuesday yesterday, that only means one thing. It's Malcolm night. 

One thing is for certain, if it's Tuesday and I'm alive I will meet Malcolm on the evening.
We both arrived at the same time, which is not normal. One of our buses is either late or early, but we walked through the door at the same time. The Land Lady of the pub has been there ever since we've been going, maybe 12 years maybe more. 

'Guinness and a Moredue?' 
'Yes please' we both chorus. Suddenly she starts to cry.
'Graham died last night'

Graham is the fella who sits on the corner of the bar, you know the type. He never meets anyone but he's always there. Every night for ............ well Malcolm recons since Malcolm's wife worked in the same pub 25 years ago. Graham was there.

Graham never smiled, never started a conversation but would talk to anyone who talked to him. He was never unpleasant but never looking to ingratiate himself. 
He was only 51 but with a dower complexion looked older. Last week he looked as he always did. Malcolm said he looked a little thinner, but he was always thin.

He went to bed and never got up, we'll find out next week when the autopsy has been done. 

Today is the anniversary of my first marriage. 4th Dec 1972. Margaret was 16 or 17 here, I married her when she was 16, yes ............ sixteen. She passed away 1 Jan. 1997. She was 41.



 

Good night. 12.25pm (at night) well really it's 00.25. 






No comments:

Post a Comment