Friday 30 May 2014

My aching legs.

Over doing things.

My days off this week were Wednesday & Thursday, I wanted to play badminton and a game of golf. That should be easy enough.

I'd booked myself out to play golf with the normal gang on the Thursday morning so I got in touch with M to play badminton on the Wednesday, which we did. 

I also play golf with a guy from a past group of friends, we don't see each other much so when he pops his head up I make a big effort to play. He sent a text 'Hey, want a game of golf this week?'
'Yes !!  could play Thursday evening'
So it's Friday morning and I ache in every part of my body, hey I'm getting old, I need to remember that.

We had the game of badminton from hell, running around like a couple of kids, nobody came to use the court after our hour was up, so we played on, ......... just one more game. We loved it.

On the Thursday morn I got up, a bit stiff and slouched off to the golf course, in the rain we played golf. It never stopped, but we played on. 
By now I'm a bit weary. After golf, (by now my batteries were running a bit low), I dashed off home and clean clothes and a rest on the sofa, catch a bit of news. 
4 pm back to the golf course for a 4.45 pm T off.
I told M that I had been playing in the morning, he raised his eyebrows. The sun was out by now, no wind, so we had a good game. A quick pint of beer afterwards and then home. 

I found myself falling asleep, so off to bed ....... early for me, I'm a night owl.

I've got up this morning ............... limping down for coffee. I need to stretch my legs before I start work at 3 this afternoon, my shift finishes at 10 to midnight.

The new computer.

I don't like it, I may never like it. 

I'll give you an example. I've had this printer for quite a time, so it's been on quite a few computers one way or another. It works fine, it also does scanning as well, I'm happy with it. 

So time to put it on the new computer, power on plug it in. Nothing, nowt, zilch.

At this point every other computer would say ..........'Loading program, please wait' it would do somethings, after a few minutes I could print.

I will find the disk, .......... I will get it working one way or another, but that's this computer. I still have to load other things into the machine, With all the other things I want to do, it will have to wait.

Just remembered............... I ask it to go to ..... 'Youtube, Mumford, I will wait'. Should be easy enough. 

It goes to something completely different, another site, yes I watch Mumford, but not on Youtube.


So, it Friday morning 30 May 2014.
Off to do other things before I go to work.










No comments:

Post a Comment