Tuesday 10 June 2014

Pushing paper.



Pushing paper.

I've known my passport was running out for years, I know the date it runs out.

I'm thinking of going abroad for a holiday, I may not ....but I may.

So yesterday I went to the post office for a renewal form, that was not as easy as you would think.
My local post office is quite big, always big queues, so imagine my surprise when the lady told me they did not do passport forms.

Denton, or West road are the nearest. 
No parking at the west rd so off to Denton.

So, anyway, I got up this morning........... ready to do battle with the application.

I read the bumf ............... and I read the bumf. 
Okay look for my birth certificate. I keep all my important documents in one place, yup I've got the full set.

Two marriage certificates, two sets of divorce papers (degree absolute), driving licence with all the bit of paper which shows I'm a clean driver.

No birth certificate????

I look in every little pouch (it has about 12 leaves) I do have two birth certificates ( I got a copy done in 1972 and then found my Dad had my original )............... none to be found. 
So the next step, go online and find out what to do?

It was easy, too easy. My new birth certificate will be here in lest than two days. 

I may not even go abroad. The Cornwall Woman has invited me down and I think it would be nice ( and save money).

Back to school.

I want to do the Fine Art degree when I finish work.
So, last year I applied to do the degree, I was warned that I had very little chance of getting on the course. Sure enough I was rejected, and why not. Some old sod wanting to take the place of some bright up and coming student. 
I was told I would have to do some sort of ............ Foundation course.

That's fine I have the rest of my life to do this, I want to do it for me.
Sop about 4 weeks ago I was sat at the monument in Newcastle. It's the sort of place people sit round and people watch. This is what I was doing, it was sunny, there were buskers singing.
I started to talk to the guy next to me and we got onto 'Art'
I told him what I wanted to do, he ........................ was an art teacher at the collage. 
Newcastle has a lot of collages. He told me he did the exact course that I would need to get onto the Fine Art degree.

I know, I know.................. Why I never asked him for his telephone number I'll never know.

The collage website is a nightmare. I'm going to mail them, tell them what I want, what I need. See what they say.

So, it's 11.30 on a Tuesday Morning. I start work at 14.45. So I need to push some paper.

I'll write about the girl next time. 















No comments:

Post a Comment