Monday 9 January 2012

Singing in the Cumberland Arms.

I would give last night 6/10, it was not great and it was not bad. I went early, one to get a good seat (which I did) and sometimes it's a bit quieter so you can sing songs that normally would not come out. That was the plan and it worked. As the night goes on the volume goes up. Last night two girls bowled in, I've seen them before, not my type but attractive (when sober). Tim noticed first, 'Do you want to swap seats, your getting a lot of eye contact from over here'. 'No thanks mate, not my type.' As the night wore on Tim realised I was right. It may sound strange, but even after five years on my own I'm not going to rush in. The price is too high, not that they were offering a price, they were free.
Bitter, yes, but I'm happy in my bitterness. I'll know when I meet Miss (or Mrs) right, she'll be someone I do not want to change and she won't want to change me.
I did warn you I was crusty, I heard that (Crusty the Clown). I think I'll leave this one. It don't have a nice feel. I'm of to Cornwall tomorrow, two changes one at Birmingham and one at Taunton, love trains. Then 7 days with the phone off.

No comments:

Post a Comment