Tuesday 17 April 2012

In the bath.

I have been aware for quite a long time that the phone rings just when you don't want it to. Maybe there are sensors around the house in key places that trigger people wanting to phone you.
I run my business with a diverted land-line, so the person often thinks I'm sat at a desk when in reality I'm on a roof with the wind blowing the snow up my arse. I have dropped many phones off the roof, the worst case was when I dropped my new Phillips Fizz (cir 1991) on the first day, it was covered but when the new one came 2 days later I dropped that one as well.
One of those key places is the shower and the bath, within 20-30 seconds of having my monthly sluice.....ring.ring.
Another place is the front door of the supermarket, I could quadruple my business by just standing near the veg in Morrison's. I'm not going to mention 'The John' just take it as said.

Talking of mobiles, the ring tones people have drive you mad. My friend has 'Flight of the rat' by Deep Purple, I love this tune but it's not a good sound when he can't get the phone quick enough in a public place. I have Dueling Banjo's on my phone, squeal little piggy. People start humming the tune after I've had a call.

The Blue Tits have only showed twice today, but I have been out. I cycled to the Dentist, the wind was against me on the way there and with me on the way back up the hill. It's about 3miles and on the way back I was overtaken by a fat lad, mind you he was 35 years younger than me. I can be so competitive, give me another 6 months and a Harley Davidson and I'll beat him.

I do live to a strict time table, tonight's Tuesday which means I'm meeting Malcolm at 8.37pm.
I used to think that making love at a certain time was not very romantic, but at least you got some. How many times do you get to bed and think 'Tomorrow, I can't be arsed tonight'. If you have a regular spot you can clean your teeth a bit better and make sure you have not gone to bed with your socks on. Try it, Sunday morning is good, nice and rested and the kids are still asleep.

More rants tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment