Wednesday 25 April 2012

Where are the bees?

I've been in this house for just under 6 years and a tree just out side my garden always put out a nice showing of blossom. Last year I planted a small cherry tree, I did not expect much fruit but it would be nice. The first year it blossomed and gave me a small bag of cherries. The tree just outside the garden suddenly was covered in fruit, laden. I had the broken heel so could not get over to get the cherries (it's in a large church garden, not quite public but not many people go in). The birds had a feast because the church had not noticed it had fruit on, mainly because it had not produced any fruit before.

So that brings up the bees, I have not seen one, not a one. The blossom is starting to fall off the big tree and my small tree has only just (yesterday) blossomed. Last year on the golf course there were millions of bees, small busy little things going from flower to flower. I'll be surprised to get much fruit this year. The pear tree has also thrown it's blossom. I'm not expecting much this year.

I wanted to tell you of some dirty tricks I played on my small sister (sister 2).One of the tricks I did we often have a laugh at (including her).

She used to suffer from chronic constipation, often sitting on the toilet for long periods and one day we were at home on holiday from school and I was bored. She had gone to the toilet and I was waiting for her to come down. Anyway I got a brush and a mop both with long handles and wrapped a piece of cloth round the broom and left the mop just wood and then made a walking noise on the ceiling, it sounded up stairs as if someone with a wooden leg was walking upstairs. I then shouted up to my sister 'Come on I can hear you walking around', there was a brief moment and she shouted down 'I'm still in the toilet' I carried on walking the broom and mop around the house. 'I'm down here and I can hear someone walking around upstairs' I carried on banging on the ceiling and walked it round to the outside of the toilet and stopped. Suddenly No 2 threw the toilet door open and sprinted down the stairs she had not had the time to wipe up. Even though I still had the mop and broom in my hand she still believed there was someone else in the house. She was 9 or 10, I was 14 going on 15.


I went to my ex-wife's house tonight, to fit a free view box onto her old television. She collected me and because it's Tuesday I knew I would be meeting Malcolm at 8.37pm. The boys were at home still in their school uniform. Collar and tie, very smart. There is no way we would have worn a suit and tie to school, but that's what they wear. They come home and do 2-3 hours of home work every night. It makes me feel guilty, and I should. The food was great, I love cabbage.

 The Blue Tits; I managed to get a photo today, the camera has been set up for 5 days. I missed them every time. Today I was not really trying, and yes there he is, I flipped the camera on, snap, snap, snap, he (or her) sat there for about 60 seconds. I'll post them.

I'll rant again tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment