Wednesday 23 May 2012

I'm glad.

It's funny how a photo of a drawing shows all the faults, you can't see it when your on top of the thing.
I did this in two sessions of about one and a half hours and in real life I like it, but the photo picks everything up.
The neck is too thick the left side of the face does not match the right, the chin is too shallow. I'll still sign and date it, for no other reason I can see the progression. Each sketch gets better. I used to draw my left hand, it was one of the few things in the house that would sit still. Eventually I sent them off to a friend, she now claims she never got them, I still have a few of the hands.
My sister will come in soon (tomorrow or the next day) 'It looks like Raoul Moat' she'll say.

Never when drunk.

Not that I was really drunk, but I wrote a piece last night and in the end I decided not to publish (Tuesday is my night out with Malcombe). I'm glad I did not publish, not that it was really bad, it's just my ex-wife has passed away and I don't think I should have a pop at her.
Actually I was not really having a pop at her, it's just I was trying to justify why our marriage finished. Her next husband (she married quickly afterwards) asked my daughter if she (wife) had been a heavy drinker before he met her. The daughter pleaded ignorance.


I think I'll declare that sketch finished and move on, I have a spray which puts a film of plastic on, it stops it smudging, it also stops you have another go at it. I'll hang it in the spare bedroom.

I cut the grass today and the Blue Tits were back as soon as I finished. There busy, but no sounds coming out of the box yet. Maybe I should read up on them, the cold weather will have slowed them down a bit.






No comments:

Post a Comment