Sunday 12 August 2012

Good days, bad days.

Yesterday.

Yesterday will go down as a bad day.

It's funny how you can timeline when things change. It started about noon, I dropped a full  bottle of milk. The lid was still on, so what could go wrong. I was wrong.

It split sending milk just about everywhere, and I mean everywhere. I had to pull the washing machine out and wash the whole floor.

Houston, we have a problem.

I don't have a TV in the bedroom, but that's where my computer sits. This is not normally a problem, but yesterday I wanted to watch the Olympics while I'm working.

I could have just put the computer on the BBC's coverage and  switched from one screen to another. I had a better idea. I got the file I wanted to work on and sent it as an email to my sisters computer downstairs. She leaves it here because she does not have broadband.

I opened the file but her version of Word is different to mine, but it opened it in Notepad???  Okay, I'll work in Notepad.

I watched all sorts of sports, but kept plugging away on my file.
Working and watching. Half and half.
I was on a roll, so by 3.15 am (late), I'd had enough. I saved, or thought I'd saved my work, all I had to do was send it back as an email.
It's not there in DOC's. I look again, no. ..............NO, please NOOOOOOOOW.

Gone, 20 pages of work.

Worse things happen at sea.

Golf.

My golf is the best it's been for about a year. I changed one thing and it's all come good.
Proof of the pudding with be on Tuesday, I'm playing a match at Durham.

The washing machine.

I play mind games with my washing machine.

I like to see it half full of water, suds splashing around.
It (the machine)  likes to put in enough to make my clothes damp.
So I wait until it's filled itself up, I then pour in four or five kettles of boiling water through the top.

I'm off to work on the book.    It's singing tonight, so I better get on.

Good day.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment