Friday 30 November 2012

The golf do.

Funny old night.

Tonight was a funny old night.

It was one of many nights out the golf club do. I don't know what tonight was in aid of, but it was collar and tie job.

The guest speaker was Peter Beardsley, ex-footballer for Everton, Newcastle United and most important England.

I was his biggest fan, he could jink round defenders and score at will, or so it seemed.

He told us stories of what was happening behind the scenes, what happened in the bedrooms before and after matches we all watched. It was good and he spoke without notes for an hour and a half.

Then the comedian came on. He died a death, God bless his cotton socks, he tried and he tried again. Totality in vain. We sat there stony silent. We clapped when he finished, a sign that we knew he tried but it fell on stony ground.

The high-light of the night for me, on my table was ex-footballer Jim Pearson. I must admit, I vaguely remember him, maybe? I'm not quite sure. But we hit it off, he was funny, I laughed at his jokes, he laughed at mine. I feel as though the next time we meet it will get better.                     A friend made there.

Newcastle United.

We are in free fall. We have now lost 4 games on the trot. That may not sound bad, but it's against teams we should beat, or at least get some points. No points. I'll keep you informed, even though you done give a toss.

The Ex.

A friendly text, a jolly email.

What does she want ?????  Sorry but I get worried when she does that.

I can handle her being a bit spiteful, that's normal. I can handle her asking me to do the odd job (flutter of her eye lashes). I can handle her popping round just to make sure I'm not enjoying myself.

But being nice, my warning siren goes off.

Open day.

On Saturday, it's open day for Newcastle University.

I'm going to have a look round with a view to becoming a student.
The current fee's are £9k a years, so even if I don't take a loan to cover my living costs I'm going to be £27,000 in debt at the end of 3 years so it's a big decision.

I want to study the Fine Arts Degree.

Yes what do I know about fine art? Not a lot, but that's why I want to do it.


I'll keep you informed.
Off to bed. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment