Sunday 2 December 2012

Getting excited.

Back to school.

I went into Northumbria University ( Newcastle has two Uni's ) today. It's there open day and because of the new charges they really have to sell themselves.

It's now £8.500.00 a year to attend uni now, all the top universities charge £9k.
The good news is you only payback when your income goes over £21k.

First the bad news, I might have to take a foundation course which takes a year, because I have not been in education for over 40 years. But I was told that if I apply anyway I may be able to blag my way in, because I'm mature.                               I'm not mature, I'm old.

So over the next 7 weeks I have to get my skates on and make a portfolio. It has to be diverse, it has to show depth, it has to show ability.

So I'm going round all the second hand shops buying paintings.    

Equipment.

The university just has so much kit. Every room we went into was a dream.
You can get almost anything, cameras worth £40k out on loan ( not that I'm into photography ), they have workshops of every description, metal, wood, printing, sound labs, graphic art and a whole lot more (some rooms were locked ).

I can't wait, I'm going to be really disappointed if I don't get in.    I should have be doing more painting and sketching and less music.

They did say the music stuff my help me to get in.

Rain.

The rain has stopped at last and we are playing golf tomorrow.
Well you have to don't you?

Cat woman.

Cat woman and me ( I ) were due to have a date on Friday and she called off with a text at about 2 in the afternoon. That's the second time she's done that.
There is a bug knocking around but there may be a pattern emerging here. I'll keep you updated.



Also my Ex-wife sent me a jokey text and then followed it up with a longer email, telling me how she got a 'Good' when the school was recently OFSTEDed. It's some sort of school inspection, they have one every few years. She works in a tough Gateshead school where the kids come from 'testing' backgrounds. They come in with stories of 'Daddy's in jail because he hit Mummy', or 'Daddies in hospital because someone cut him with a knife'.

I think the Ex over eggs it because when I look at the class photo's they look great.



Off to bed, golf in the morning. Good night.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment