Wednesday 30 January 2013

 

The next door neighbour.

She moving out. She my tenant and she's moving out. It's not that I mind, she even found me a new tenant.

But it's decision time, do I let some one in the place and tie up the place for another 4- 5 years? or do I cash in?

I'm a bit sick of being asset rich but cash poor.

The recession has gone on a long time, since I started in business there have been 3 recessions, they were bad but this time it's been long and hard.
I saw it coming ( it does strike me as strange that no one else saw it coming, in the Budget of 2006 on the 22 of March, Gordon Brown the Chancellor said   
                                                 'The days of boom and bust are over'.

I was listening, I nearly pissed myself laughing. The last time someone said something that stupid was King Canute (Cnut) when he tried to hold back the tide.
I made myself clear of debt, I made sure that we had nothing that would be a burden when it happened.

It happened..          Strangely it took a long time to bite, but when it did it bit hard.

 So here I am, at a cross roads. Do I sell or do I rent?                     I'm going to sell.

I'm sick of working for the next generation, I want it  now....... ......... Tough luck on the next generation.


Some pictures to beef it out a bit.









There was an outside pool, we were at the far end. Just at the top right, the pointy bit with the veranda. I would stand out on the veranda having a smoke watching people swim for most of the night. I may have a photo.



Yes, this is the pool from our balcony, by the time I had the camera out the people had swam out of sight.

That's life. 





We came across this tree, laden with snow. I took a picture of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment