Tuesday 24 June 2014

Not much happening.

Is life ever simple.

I'm sure it was for me. 

I remember long periods of my life when it was easy, everything went to plan.
 I set goals and achieved them.

Maybe I'll get back to things working out. It's not that everything is going wrong all the time. Things are looking up.

I think a quick succession of big changes have not been helpful. I've had a marriage dissolved, my business became unprofitable, I moved house twice in a few years. I got a job, something I had not had for 25 years.

 All things that unsettle you. Slowly I'm getting used to the pace of my job. I drive buses, I drive on one of the busiest route in the country. Often offloading 90 passengers in the middle of my route and loading up with 90 at the same stop. It's relentless. I'm learning to cope with running late, making time up. I also drive through the part of Newcastle that has a high.................... none English population. 

They drive differently from us. They change their mind ................ mid flow, stop unexpectedly, they turn right when they have been indicating to go left. 
Once the car (on a dark damp evening) in front of me stopped for no reason, the window came down and a camera came out of the drivers window, she took pictures of the Hindu Temple. I stood and waited with my full load of passengers, she then did a 6 point turn holding all the traffic up. 

On a really busy street, in a really busy part of town there is a shop, it's on both sides of the road, it's more like a whole sales of fruit and veg, with whole pallets of bottles of soft drinks, pallets of onions, potatoes, cabbages. It's mayhem. People run from one side of the road to another, cars are parked at bad angles, so they can load up their cars with produce. I do think that most restaurants and curry houses get their stuff from here. It's a good business, it's just in the wrong place.

So, I'm getting used to it. Well it's sink or swim.

I've not been out for a game of golf recently, too much other stuff going on, but I am getting a game of badminton once a week. I'm worried about getting a bus mans belly. I know it sound daft but I can feel myself putting on weight. I am eating more, so I do need to do some exercise. 

So, as you may have gathered there is not much going on, just mundane bumbling along.

It's just before 1am, it's my late week so I start work tomorrow at 3pm.
Tuesday 24 June 2014. 
Good night.








No comments:

Post a Comment